EUROPEAN SAILING FEDERATION
EUROSAF RACE OFFICIALS EXCHANGE PROGRAMME GUIDELINES WORKING PARTY
CONSTITUTED ON 30 MARCH 2021
Rob Hoogstra (NED) – Chair since Jan 2022
Hans Peter Hylander (SWE)
Trevor Lewis (GBR)
Jack Roy (IRL) – Chair up to Dec 2021
Costas Tsantilis (GRE)
Terms of Reference
Approved on 30/03/2021
Reporting to EUROSAF Executive Board.
Develop a proposal for necessary changes to the programme guidelines.
- To create a fair and transparent way of allocating race officials to events.
- To review whether there is a need for preference to race officials on their way to international status or a preferential procedure to reach gender equity and to help develop new talents (“build up new people and give them opportunities”).
- To review whether grading the events or allow special requests/specifications might be suitable.
- To review whether certain standards should be implemented in the guidelines.
- To review whether any other changes to the guidelines are needed or might be useful.
Discuss and review current guidelines and make recommendations to the Executive Board and national delegates of the EUROSAF Race Officials Exchange Programme for further discussion.
4. WP Membership
Up to five members appointed by the Executive Board.
Until 30/05/2021 first draft from WP
Until 30/06/2021 feedback from national delegates received
Until 31/07/2021 revised draft
Until 31/08/2021 second feedback round
Until 30/09/2021 final draft
Until 15/10/2021 decision on guidelines for 2022
The WP will be disbanded at the end of the timeframe. The Executive Board may disband it before that if the timeframe steps are not met.